Cooling Tower Cleanings
IWT's cleaning services includes:
- Adding cleaning chemicals and disinfectants to the tower basin.
- Power washing of hot decks, cold water basins, fill & louvers.
- Vacuum out hot and cold water basins.
- Add corrosion inhibitor and biocides to basin for start-up or lay-up for winter months.
- A cleaning report will be provided upon completion of service.
Cooling Tower Disinfections
Currently Semi-annual only required in NYC
IWT's disinfection services includes:
- Adding a halogen which is EPA registered for use in cooling towers to achieve at least a 10 ppm free chlorine residual.
- Maintaining a free chlorine concentration of at least 5 ppm for at least 6 hours.
- Documenting the entire process and supplying a certificate to owner upon completion.
- More information on the method can be found in the Cooling Technology Institute's publication Legionellosis Guideline: Best Practices for Control of Legionella, which can be downloaded free at cti.org.
- A disinfection report will be provided upon completion of service